Catch Up with the Campbells

In this day and age of technology, why not take advantage of it? Since a large portion of our family and friends live in different cities, we thought this would be a perfect way to share our photos, adventures, and daily comedic lives with the public. Enjoy Catching Up with the Campbells.

2.24.2011

Half 2 Fight Hunger


As many of you may have heard, I have started training for a half-marathon, the Derby Festival Half Marathon on April 30, 2011! This time, though, I wanted to do something for others at the same time that I was getting myself healthy again. 

Last year, Brad & I volunteered at an event they were having at our church, Southland Christian Church, called "Feed My Starving Children". The church body came together in 2 hour shifts for a week and packed over 1 million meals to be sent to hungry children across the world. This charity really struck a chord with me, because I, like many of you, have truly never known 'hunger'. We take so much for granted here in the US, yet children in other countries have to wonder where their next meal will come from. It is something I can not even fathom.



These children need our help - so, for the next 2 months of my half-marathon training, I will be raising as much money as possible  for this deserving organization.

My goal is to raise $3,000 by the race on April 30, 2011.

I have a fundraising website for "Half 2 Fight Hunger"! So, you can easily pay by credit card at this site, or if you don't feel comfortable doing that, you can send me a check in the mail, OR I'll personally come pick it up from your house! At my fundraising website, you can also see how far your money will go in saving the life of a child.

I hope all of you will help me in this Fight Against Hunger. Together we can make a difference.
For more information on Feed My Starving Children, go to http://www.fmsc.org/

Also, if you would like to run the Derby Festival Half Marathon with me or join me in raising money for this great cause, I would love some company!

Blessed are those who are generous, because they feed the poor.
- Proverbs 22:9

No comments:

Post a Comment